Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Marta Parisi was diagnosed with Invasive Duct Carcinoma Breast Cancer right after 29th birthday. This came as a shock to her and her family since there is no trace of cancer in the family. The doctors want her to get the genetic testing done but it is an exclusion on their insurance policy. They are unable to get the test done due to the high cost of $3200. To date, Marta has already undergone many expensive tests such as a biopsy, breast sonograms, mammograms, breast MRI, CAT scan, bone scan, MUGA test, and has been hospitalized for a double mastectomy on July 22nd, 2010. While she was getting the double mastectomy they found out that the cancer spread to her lymph node which advanced the cancer to stage 2b.


Fortunately, the cancer has not shown up on any of the tests. However, due to the aggressive cancer that she has the surgeon and oncologist are afraid that there could be microscopic cells (that would not show up on any tests) in her body. If there is one cell anywhere they have stated that it will grow very aggressively in a mutated gene and will likely go to her ovaries and organs. This is why they have told her she MUST do Chemotherapy for 5 months. She will need to get a port placed into her body because she can no longer get any blood pressure or IV’s in her left arm since they took lymph nodes from her left arm.

After the Chemotherapy she will need to get a drug call Herceptin which is a biological treatment through the port every 3 weeks for 1 year. One of Herceptin’s side effects can be damage to your heart. So, with the treatments they will be giving her MUGA scans (which consist of getting nuclear medicine) to test her heart periodically. Once, that is finished Marta will still need to undergo two more surgeries for reconstruction of the breasts which will require hospitalization again.

Beyond all of this Marta has also been told that the Chemotherapy may push her body into Menopause, it will definitely age her eggs, and deplete them as well. Tony and Marta have been told by both the surgeon and the oncologist if they would like more children that they would need to undergo the process of freezing her eggs now and then get Invetro 2-5 years after Chemotherapy. Unfortunately, at a discounted rate since she has cancer, the cost to start the process costs approximately $8500. Since, Tony and Marta are both so young and would love to have more children they inquired about this process with their insurance company but have been denied.

Due to some of the nuclear tests Marta is not allowed to be near her 2 year old daughter Alexis for 24 hours after the tests because of the radioactive medicine in her body. She has placed her daughter into daycare in NY while she undergoes the rest of the tests, chemo, and doctors appointments which is costly.

Marta and her daughter Alexis went to NY to visit her family but while she was there she was faced with this horrible news. She decided to remain in NY with the doctors that have diagnosed her while her husband continues to work in Florida so he can try to pay the medical bills.

Marta and Tony have found out that their deductibles are extremely high with all of these treatments. The Parisi’s are also responsible for any charges above the allowable amount that the insurance company will accept. This is a great burden to the family since Marta is out of work for the next year.



This family needs our help because they are facing foreclosure and bankruptcy by the end of the year without assistance. No donation is too small.

They would like me to thank all of you for your donations, support, and prayers.

Thank you

5 comments:

  1. Praying for U Marta! Stay strong baby girl :)

    Fedd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you and will forward a donation. The Lord is good all the time. I know this is scary and the chemo will be scary, also. I am praying for your husband to be strong and believe and stand by you.

    Cherry

    http://mommemau2.wordpress.com/about/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed with a rare cancer when my daughter was 1 and I was 29. There are no words for how difficult the journey has been. I was treated at sloan kettering and have been enjoying my time with my family since I completed treatment in June.

    I wish you luck, courage and strength. Every cancer and every treatment is different. I had about a year of high dose chemo, radiation and surgery. If you want someone to talk to, find me on facebook -- Wendy Friedlander

    ReplyDelete
  4. infertility for easy Conception. (No more adoption, with Dr Itua your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.I have been  blog Sites for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and also I was suffering from brain cancer which I also explain to Dr Itua so he prepared herbal medicine for me which I drank for two weeks to cure my brian cancer so if you are suffering from any kind of diseases you can contact Dr Itua herbal center to get your cure successfully,  i am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Epilepsy, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Lupus, ALS, HPV, Erectile dysfunction, Menstrual Cramp, Get Your Ex Back,  If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail. com Or Whatsapp Number..+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital issues.He's a good man. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with HIV and have lived taking ARV and thought of having Herbal medicine to cure this disease completely. I wouldn't be able to bear Vomiting and my tongue would go white because of these diseases called HIV/Aids. I learned to live with it but I have definitely prayed and had hands laid on me, My friends at work knew about my HIV Status so on a faithful day my friend Hannah talk to me about this great man called Dr Itua From west African because my friend Hannah is from West African too she came to acquire degree here in South Carolina, I accepted the challenge and contacted Dr Itua Herbal Center...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com also chats on Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967. Then he delivered his Herbal medicine to me which was labeled as Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cure For HIV/Aids, I took it as he instructed. After two weeks I went to the test and I was tested Negative. I'm still writing on every blog site related to the following diseases such as HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Shingles, Hepatitis B/C, Because he cures this kind of disease.

    ReplyDelete